Many Linux users may notice that there is no audio in Java applications. I recently found an fairly easy way to fix this.
This should work for Ubuntu users, I cannot vouch for other versions of Linux.
- Press ALT+F2
- type in ‘gksudo nautilus’ (Without the quotes)
- enter your password
- go to /usr/bin
- search for ‘java’
- rename the file named ‘java’ to ‘java.bin’
- make an empty document, rename it to ‘java’
- copy the content of the box below into the text file
- save the file
- right-click on the file
- go to the permissions tab
- click on the allow executing as a program checkbox
- Now you should have audio in your Java Applications!
padsp /usr/bin/java.bin “$@”
I will post a file that will do all of this for you later, which will make the process much easier.